Sunday, May 31, 2015

Day #40 Highland, NY to Lakeville, CT 45.5 miles


Picture: Southern Tier 2010 reunion with Karen Carlson
L to R:  Pam, Mary D., Karen, Katie and Kirby

Best of Day: Crossed into Connecticut (feels like we are making progress!); Lovely motel/inn that looks/feels like New England; Karen Carlson met us for a visit and dinner tonight (she is one of our 2010 Southern Tier alum who lives in Connecticut!)
Worst of Day: Rained off and on; My first flat of the trip! (thank you Cathy, Pam, and Mary for being my village); Temperatures dropped to the 50’s!
Quote of Day:  “Southern Tier was magical” (while I was icing my knees.)  For some reason everyone thought it was funny (and suggested it should be the quote today) – I was actually only responding to the “cross country” image/myth that seems to be so compelling!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment