Saturday, April 18, 2015

"Count Down"

Today is my last day home..can it be possible?!
The past week has been spent saying goodbye to "my village" of support.
I can't say thank you enough to family and friends who are my inspiration.
First, to my early biking mentors, Ellyn and Franco, and my very first training partner, Lisa: to daughter Kelle who encouraged me to buy a bike 13 years ago and to daughter Lisa, grand-teenagers Abby and Tyler who are my inspiration (and receive most of the postcards!); to my college roommate Alby who was my safe haven in San Diego on our last two epic Woman Tour rides.  And thank you most of all to Bud, who keeps the home fires burning, animals fed and nurtured and our tour apprised of all weather conditions along the route!

"My Village"
Pictures of the extraordinary people who were part of  this year's winter training:



Training with Kelle, Flagstaff AZ in March (San Francisco peaks in background).


Keeping me safe on the road and providing tech support extraordinaire is Pete of Bluedog Cycles, and Jarrod (missing was Michael).  


At the fireplace is Jill (personal trainer/Pilates instructor) and Becky, Deb and Katie (missing were Carrie and Diane).


On the yoga mat at VMH Wellness Center is Cynthia, Katie, Diane and Jen (personal trainer/Yoga instructor).


Standing at the VMH Wellness Center is Katie with Heidi (personal trainer/Spin instructor).





No comments:

Post a Comment